So. Finally. I decided to try out the Sims 4 via Origin Game Time™. 48 hours of free Sims 4 playing? Yay. 😐 Thoughts I have had this past weekend about my old favorite pastime:
- I started the game with a house filled with six adults. After five hours I regretted my decision and was seriously thinking about going back to Sims 1 style aging and playing. I don’t know if it was their personalities, or the fact that sims in #4 seem to have ADD, but it was exhausting keeping track of these dang Damodreds.
- I have a Sims 2 save with Mom, Dad and six kids and that household felt more calm and in control then the one with nary a child or significant other in sight. Maybe that is the real reason EA took out toddlers: adult sims are basically five-year-olds.
- Having said that, they seriously need to bring back toddlers. And add in preteens while they are at it, because why not.
- I hate the camera. Even changing it to Sims 3 style didn’t really help.
- Build and Buy modes being one mode is actually a bit annoying, but not as annoying as the damn camera.
- Ironically, although I was one of those who protested against the Sims 3 going open world and having story progression…now I miss it. The open world I can get used to being gone, since I like a game that loads in less than a minute, but story progression was mighty nice. I miss kicking sims out and them going on to live a full sim life without me intervening.
- I bought the game anyway because it was on sale and I’m an addict and don’t want to bother reinstalling Sims 3.
- In ten years I have yet to finish a legacy challenge. But I keep trying! 😀
Dag dag. 👋